Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Six Little Orphan Kitties

Okay, my friend and her kids pulled up to my house Sunday night. Do I still want some kittens? she said. Yes, of course (that's my standard reply when it comes to kittens). Well, the neighbor lady (aka super-crazy-cat-lady) said one of her cats was missing and had left six kittens behind. My friend's husband had heard them walking home from church they were crying so loud. (Of course, this guy wanted to just do away with them.) So I go out to the pickup and there in a box are six squirmy kittens that are thankfully just old enough to almost eat on their own. About 3-4 weeks I would say. Yes, some of them lap up the milk from the bowl, but they all prefer to suck something. Generally this sucking involves claws and teeth in some way. I don't know how momma cats do it!!!!! Anyway, about four times a day, my daughter and I feed them. This process takes about 40 minutes. They are so cute though. I can't wait until they grow a little more and can eat. I worry too much that they are getting enough or too much. I will keep you updated and add pictures later.

4 comments:

DreamON said...

OOOH! I love baby kittens. Wish I could have some to enjoy right now!

marin said...

aw! can't wait for the pics! sounds so cute!

BeadedTail said...

Oh how sweet! Thank you for taking care of these little babies. Kittens are so precious!

Sara Millis said...

That's a wonderful thing to do... adopt little orphan kittens... good on ya! Soooo cute too!