Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Kamikaze Kittens

Okay, this one needs a video. I will try my best to describe this. When we go out to the shed where we have the kittens kept, they stand on one of the boxes and jump as far as they can to try and get to us. It is cute and funny and sad all at the same time. In their vigor to get fed (they are by no means starving, they are just cats!) they don't even realize that there is no way in the world they are ever going to clear the top of the board we have nailed up to keep them in. They just keep doing the same crazy jump into mid-air over and over. They fly up and then sink rapidly down to the floor. Some of them have even jumped onto my hand while I am picking another one up. This morning though, they ate more of the canned food. All but one oftheir little noses smelled of it when I checked. I still gave them the bottle, but most didn't eat as much as usual. This is a great sign. By this time next week I can probably put the bottle away again. Oh, and one of the high school kids is going to feed them for me over the weekend. He is the Science teacher's kid, so I have great faith in him. Yay! I get to go see my mom!

1 comment:

Holly said...

How adorable! Tiny kitty with big claws.