Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Today's Craziness

It has been a long year. I'm talking school year. I teach fourth and fifth grades in a very small rural school. Now, when I say very small, I know some people probably think I mean just a few thousand people. No, small to me, since I started the fifth grade myself, is about ten kids per class. My school has a total population of about 130 students, in grades PK to 12. OKay, do you believe me. My fourth grade class started out as the smallest in the school and has now dwindled down to just four students. Luckily, they are all fun, interesting kids.

Now to the crafts. I started watching and shopping etsy last fall, mainly because of some of my favorite sellers from ebay. Poppy and Turtle. I will talk more about my inspirations later. So, I said, I can do this. I am always making stuff, and then it just lays around the house or I end up giving it to someone. So I started making things with the intent of selling them and started my own store. So far, I have sold five items. I am hoping for more though.

Oh, but there has been more to my year. I will talk more about it another day. I wrote a novel in a month. Yes. I wrote over 50,000 words in the month of November, and many of my students wrote novels too!

Let me know if you see and read this. In other words, is there anyone out there?

No comments: